The Gospel According To Gale

Thursday, April 15, 2010

I remember in third grade I told my fellows classmates that I didn't play by the rules.

I may not have a clean room, there might be mcchicken wrappers at the bottom of all the junk in my car, perhaps even a hard as a rock couple weeks old bun. There might be dark eyeliner circles forever tattooed underneath my under eyes, and I might not shower everyday. I might have had one too many detentions in highs school, and I might have never been on time to class. I may not have been the head cheer leader or student council president, and I might have gotten kicked off the newspaper staff. (But who is 19 and writing for the Cincinnati enquirer and who still is teaching high school students? ;] ) I might have talked during your classes and been a little obnoxious. I might have cussed out my german teacher on the final day of classes my freshman year. I may have been fired from a job here and there for writing blogs online or not attending CPR seminars. I may have no money in my bank account and the nail polish on my fingers might be two months old.

I may not be perfect in the eyes of most of you, but to someone I am. All of the little imperfections and flaws are what makes me who I am, and I might not play by the rules all of the time, but I sure as hell live my life to fucking fullest every damn day I am alive, from when I wake up, to when I shut my eyes. I know how to stretch out 24 hours into a lifetime. So I may not have gotten straight A's-ever. And I may never accomplish that, but at the end of each day I feel as though I made that day count even more than the one before. I feel like that, is living.

No comments:

Post a Comment