The Gospel According To Gale

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

February 18th, 2010

Remembering back to a Thursday, six weeks ago, I can think to myself that it started off like any other normal Thursday. I probably over slept, from being out the Wednesday night before by doing some ridiculous photo shoot with some people, instead of going to human sexuality class in Swift 500. I was really excited about taking Human Sexuality, especially as a night class. I thought it would be more like a hangout talking about sex, rather than a class. Well, it was pretty interesting but I feel like I knew most of the things my teacher taught me. I already knew about the cycle of sex, and how you get erect, have sex, done. I knew where my ovaries were and I was pretty sure I could locate my clitoris. When sexuality comes along, so does the word HOMO-sexuality, and BI-sexuality, and BI-cycle, and BI-polar and TRI-cyratops. So whenever something was brought up, Harvey Milk behind me would raise his hand and say, "You know I'm gay, tho I don't have anythign againtht anyone, I rethpect all walks of life,..." and then he would answer the question or give his opinion on the topic. Even when the topic had nothing to do with gay people at all. Like, my teacher could ask what time of day it was and he would say, "I'm gay, 6:33."

No before you throw your rainbow ponchos at me, I am not saying anything negative about LGBTQAA culture at all. Infact, I am very informed. I do, however, think that sometimes people make it known a little too much. It's definitely nothing to be ashamed of but, you do not need to tell us your sexuality everytime you answer a question in class. That would be like me raising my hand and saying, "Yeah I am a saggitarius, I have liver spots on my right arm, can I use the restroom?"

No comments:

Post a Comment